Natural gas explosions, electrocutions, power outages and damaged communication lines are all hazardous disasters resulting from sewer contractors clearing out unknown cross bored sewer lines.
In recognition of the national dig safe program, MEA has added the course Preventing Utility Cross Bores to its free dig safely training site, www.DiggingSafely.com.
The course enables users to:
- Identify utility cross bores and the threat for certain hazardous events;
- Understand industry concerns for trenchless pipeline installation procedures;
- Locate useful resources in the prevention of utility cross bores;
- Recognize practices and procedures that mitigate and prevent utility cross bores; and
- Perform cross bore prevention best practices.