The Occupational Safety and Health Administration recently unveiled a new interactive web tool to help users determine whether injuries and illnesses are work-related and recordable under the OSHA Recordkeeping rules.
The OSHA Recordkeeping Advisor is an interactive tool that simulates an employer’s interaction with a Recordkeeping rules expert. The Advisor relies on the users’ responses to questions and automatically adapts to the situation presented. Responses entered into the program are confidential and the system does not record or store any of the information. The Advisor helps employers determine:
• Whether an injury or illness (or related event) is work-related
• Whether an event or exposure at home or on travel is work-related
• Whether an exception applies to the injury or illness
• Whether a work-related injury or illness needs to be recorded
• Which provisions of the regulations apply when recording a work-related injury or illness