With falls accounting for the greatest number of fatalities in the workplace, and fall protection being the most-violated OSHA standard, Jeremy Haskins, P.E., created Holehat to eliminate this hazard when maintenance, cleaning and inspection work is done via the utility manhole.
Placed into open 24- to 30-inch round manhole openings, Holehat provides a temporary, raised visual deterrent and fall protection in one unit, while allowing up to 8-inch-diameter hoses to be used with the cover still over the manhole.
- Other specifications include:
- High-strength aluminum frame and arches.
- Lightweight and portable (28 pounds).
- Slip-resistant diamond plate cover.
- Retractable and durable bonnet cover made of 1000 Denier coated CORDURA nylon.
- Reflective strips for high visibility during day and nighttime use.
- 4-inch roller wheel to prevent damage to hoses/cables.
- 2,000-pound shear rated spring loaded locking pin.
- Large handles that can be used with gloves.
(480) 650-7122, holehat.com