Vermeer has introduced a new multi-purpose, 127-horsepower, diesel ride-on tractor with advanced control features and improved ease of changing attachments.
“The new RTX1250i2 ride-on tractor brings a new productivity to utility installation equipment,” said Ed Savage, Vermeer product manager. “It features the latest advances in intelligent controls to improve job performance and do more with one machine. Its intelligent features help the operator maintain optimal productivity.”
The RTX1250i2 will be available soon from Vermeer dealers in four-wheel drive, quad track or rubber tire options.
Available attachments include backhoe, reel carrier, trencher, rock wheel, sliding offset trencher and sliding rock wheel, backfill blade and vibratory plow. The machine and attachments are described as well-suited for installing gas, water, sewer, power and communications utilities.
Savage said significant features of the RTX1250i2 include:
- Productivity Zone intelligence identifies the ideal operating range and ground speed for the attachment being used to optimize production.
- Can identify the specially equipped intelligent i2 attachments when connected.
- With a flip of a switch, AutoPlunge technology monitors engine RPM and reduces the rate of plunge automatically for a trencher or rock wheel attachment so that RPM does not drop too far.
- The onboard TrenchSense electronic control system helps prevent engine stall when working in challenging ground conditions by actively monitoring engine RPM while trenching. The system automatically pauses the tractor’s forward movement if engine RPM bogs down or the trencher chain stops – all occurring in a matter of seconds.
- The EcoIdle engine control system helps reduce fuel consumption by automatically lowering the engine’s idle speed if the unit is inactive for a preset period of time.
- Adding Vermeer’s Fleet-Ready telematics program helps provide optimal productivity with fault recognition, software upgrade notifications, and on-display machine monitoring, which includes engine operating and idle hours, geofencing, fuel usage and location.
A redesigned operator’s station with three-post, roll-over-protection has right-side operator and convenient control placement, adjustable seat with display that moves with the seat, and tilt steering wheel. An isolated platform helps reduce vibration and optional climate-controlled cab helps keep the operator comfortable and productive throughout the work day. Easy access to service points simplifies routine maintenance. Optional remote control is useful when servicing, loading, unloading, and moving and positioning the tractor.
Vermeer manufactures a full line of underground construction equipment that includes trenchers, vibratory plows, horizontal directional drilling equipment and environmental, agricultural, tree care and mining equipment.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Vermeer Corp., (888) 837-6337, vermeer.com/rtx1250i2