Underground Construction invites you to attend one of its industry-focused webinars. Webinars are open to all and available free of charge. If you are not able to attend a webinar at its scheduled time, return to this page after the scheduled broadcast in order to link to an archived version.
To contact the hosts of a webinar, request a contact here. To inquire about hosting a webinar yourself, please contact Erin Nelsen, email@example.com.
Vacuum Sewer Construction Advantages for the Client, Consultant and Contractor
hosted by AIRVAC, Inc.
Wednesday, June 29th at 2:00 PM EST; 1:00 PM CST
Moderator: Robert Carpenter, Editor, Underground Construction
Presenters: Dean Ouellette and Clint Hawn of AIRVAC, Inc.
For many years, gravity sewers were the only choice engineers had when considering a sewer collection system. This changed 40 years ago when the USEPA challenged the industry to develop alternative collection by providing special funding for such endeavors. One such system is vacuum sewers. This webinar will discuss the history of vacuum sewers and the extent of their use in the U.S. The theory of operation, key system components, and construction considerations unique to vacuum sewers will be discussed. Finally, advantages of vacuum sewers, for both the system owner as well as the contractor will be presented.
CEUs and PDHs will be available through the University of Texas at Arlington for attendees of this webinar.
- Presented by award-winning plastics pipe consultant Dr. Gene Palermo. Wrap-up Q&A with representatives from Dow and Polypipe, Inc.
- a brief history of polyethylene pipe
- what makes bimodal polyethylene unique
- ASTM material designation codes and how ASTM accounts for PE100 materials
- molecular parameters and key performance attributes that make bimodal MDPE 2708 and HDPE 4710 strong choices for today’s gas pipelines